Downloading your green button data from your SDG&E or PG&E account to use in the PEV4me plug-in electric vehicle (PEV) calculator is simple.
The Green Button is located within the online service, My Account. It’s the same place where you pay your bill, get your forecasted bill for the month and analyze your energy use.
- Log into My Account.
- Click on the My Energy tab.
- Click on My Energy Use underneath the My Energy tab.
- Click on Green Button Download My Data at the bottom of the My Energy Use chart.
- Select the meter and a range of days at least 12 months. For example, from 08/24/2012 to 08/24/2013.
- Click Export to download.
- Click the “download” link. Take note of where you downloaded the Green Button file onto your computer.
- Once you locate your green button file, you can upload the zip (preferred) or xml file to the PEV4me plug-in electric vehicle (PEV) calculator.
NOTE: The file will save as an XML (Extensible Markup Language) which is a machine readable format. For faster results, zip up your Green Button file with a compress utility on Windows or compress utility on Mac
For more information about SDG&E Green button, visit: http://www.sdge.com/customer-service/green-button/download-my-green-button-data
You need to have a My Energy account and an electric SmartMeter™ connected to the network.
- Log in to My Energy or Register.
- Log in to My Energy and click on the My Usage tab.
- Click on the Green Button icon in the bottom right hand corner
- Select your download format and be sure to select the format “For developers and third parties (.xml file)”
- Select a range of days at least 12 months. For example, from 08/24/2012 to 08/24/2013.
- Click on Export button and a zip file will be downloaded to your computer
- Take note of where you downloaded the Green Button zip file onto your computer. Once you locate your file, you can upload the zip file to the PEV4me plug-in electric vehicle (PEV) calculator
For more information on PG&E Green Button click here.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you recently purchased a plug-in electric car and have been charging it at home, make sure to select a 12 month range of days that exclude the days when you started charging your electric car. Otherwise, your results might be skewed if your Green Button file contains days that you already charged your PEV.