Downloading the green button data from your PG&E account to use in the PEV4me plug-in electric vehicle (PEV) calculator is simple.
- You need to have a My Energy account and an electric SmartMeter™ connected to the network. Log in to My Energy or Register.
- Log in to My Energy and click on the My Usage tab.
- Click on the Green Button icon in the bottom right hand corner
- Select your download format and be sure to select the format “For developers and third parties (.xml file)”
- Select a range of days at least 12 months. For example, from 08/24/2011 to 08/24/2012.
- Click on Export button and a zip file will be downloaded to your computer
- Take note of where you downloaded the Green Button zip file onto your computer. Once you locate your file, you can upload the zip file to the PEV4me plug-in electric vehicle (PEV) calculator
If you recently purchased a plug-in electric car and have been charging it at home, make sure to select a range of days that exclude the days when you started charging your electric car since that will skew your results.
For more information on PG&E Green Button click here.